Having finally recovered from the mayhem that was Ibiza 2009 I can definitely say it was one of my favourite gigs to date. It was also one of my favourite holidays to date, with a few days before/after Space to chill out in the sun with a group of my close friends.
We Love itself was an amazing experience from the moment of arriving in front of Space and feeling the hairs on my neck stand up at the thought of what I was about to do. Being led in through the back doors of Space is always an amazing experience, past the fridges and kitchens along a twisty maze of passages until faced with a row of doors which open and lead out into the cavernous discoteca. From there we had a few hours to soak up the atmosphere before my set at 2am. We caught an excellent set from local legend Alfredo on the Sunset Terrace followed by an awesome set from Tiefschwarz in the Terazza before it was time to head upstairs and catch red box regular Jem Haynes.
As 2am quickly arrived it was time to put any nerves to the back of my mind and take to the decks in the already packed red box. The crowd were brilliant, responding encouragingly to my track selection and constant pogoing around the booth. Despite my set being at the same time as Grace Jones, David Guetta and Paul Woolford the red box remained packed throughout, with a queue of enthusiastic clubbers waiting outside to be let in by the bouncers when space became available.
By 4am I was glad to see the familiar face of Paul Arnold arrive in the booth to relieve me, as I had by this stage become a sweaty, tired mess from 2 hours of jumping around the booth. After finishing my set there was time to sit down and listen to some of Paul’s set before heading downstairs to the Terazza to see one of my personal favourite DJs, James Zabiela, close the night.
All in all an amazing experience, big thanks to Paul Arnold from Chew The Fat! and Mark Broadbent and all from We Love for making it happen, not to mention all of my friends for supporting me both in Ibiza and from back home. Here’s hoping I will get the chance to repeat the experience next year!
Scroll down for some selected photos from the evening (a full gallery is available on my Facebook page) and a tracklisting of my set.
- Armand Van Helden - NYC Beat (MSTRKRFT Remix)
- Tiga - Pleasure From The Bass
- Hot Chip - Over and Over (Solid Groove Remix)
- Tiga & Zyntherius - Sunglasses At Night (D.I.M. Remix)
- Andy Caldwell - Warrior (Claude VonStroke Sharp Toof Mix)
- Yousef - Legacy (Vocal Mix)
- Hyper - No Rockstars (Original Mix)
- Nick Thayer - Toasted (Original)
- Meat Katie - All I Need (Dylan Rhymes Remix)
- Gramophonedzie - Why Don't You (Original Mix)
- Soul Of Man - Mylowdowndirty
- DJ Jeroenski - Back Once Again (Vandalism Remix)
- Aztec Mystic - Revenge Of The Jaguar (King Unique Mix)
- DJ Mujava - Township Funk (Boy 8 Bit Remix)
- Richard Dinsdale - Up And Down (Original Club)
- Prodigy - Spitfire (Future Funk Squads Dogfight Remix)
- Robb G - 12 Inch Therapy (Bass Kleph Dirty Ows Mix)
- DJ Quest - Back The Old Skool (Original Mix)
- Plump DJs - Blackjack
- Whitey - Leave Them All Behind (Glimmer Twins Edit)
- Digital Base - Solid Man
- Dom Kane - Halcyon+on+on (Version 2)
- Luke Dizierzek - Echo (John Dahlbäck Mix)
- Meat Katie Meets Christian J - Turn Me Out (Original 12 Mix)
- Moby - Go 2006 (Trentemoller Remix)